Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Calendar Meeting Board

This was our calendar meeting board. The Star Student that I chose each day helped with the calendar. They put the number on the calendar, wrote the number for the day and helped with the days of the week and months of the year by using the pointer. I had a number line that I made from individual cut-outs that were laminated with the numbers 1 through 170. The number line ran above the room all the way around. I used individual stick-on clips to clip them. For each set of ten, I used a different type of cut-out. For example, I started with 10 teddy bears, then 10 apples, and so on, that way they could see sets of ten and count by tens by looking at the number line. The number chart I used was also color-coded by two's, five's and ten's. It takes a lot of time to make the number line but once you have it created, it can be used over and over. Share this idea if you like it! :) Cool Teach

3 comments: